Miserable

Hi everyone! Not so much happened this week not gonna lie. I'm still in isolation, relatively sane, and I have board games to play.

How to Be Miserable
Heres a little guide on how to be miserable, it's really not that hard. (inspired by a John Bytheway talk, John Bytheway's son, Elder Bytheway is in our mission) (By the way, John Bytheway gave another famous Bytheway talk that was by the way fantastic)
- Don't go outside
- Don't explore
- Think about why you're miserable all the time
- Stay away from religion
- Stop laughing
- Sleep, sleep to hide from the world
- Worry a lot
- Stop praying
- Stop hoping
- Don't talk to anyone
- Don't read the scriptures
- Don't believe in yourself
- Don't try new things
- Don't have a passion or a hobby

How does religion have to do with this? Religion, for me, is hope. It's hope that this isn't the end. It's hope that there is so much more to life than just this life. It's a motivation. A desire. It gives me hope that although my many shortcomings and failures, that one day I will be perfected by Jesus Christ, my Savior. These are how you become miserable, so if you know how to become it, fight it. I've realized that fighting these things (and more) is the key to adapting to these situations.

D&C 122:7 - "And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."

I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week! Make the best of what you got.

Med kærlig hilsen,
Ældste Salisbury

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practically Prodigal

A Sick Baptism!

Todd