More Isolation, The Work Continues

This week has been another of isolation, but nonetheless good.
Teaching
I'm pretty sure while being in isolation I've had more lessons in a week than I ever have had before. I had one lesson with our friend in Amager. He is doing great, and he explained to us his relationship to Christ. He's a great guy and he loves to go off on tangents about stories of his past. He's definitely progressing, but he doesn't want to necessarily commit to changing anything yet, because he knows that knowing it is true will require a lot.

As for others, I got to teach to of my amazing friends from back home! It was a great experience and I loved telling them about what I do everyday and what it means to me. If anyone has interest in this, please let me know. It's a great and probably a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Switch Up
I have been moved to Ballerup! I'm in a massive apartment with four other missionaries, it's great!

As most of you have heard, missionaries are getting sent home from all over the world, except Europe. Now I've been thinking a lot about this, a lot of people in my mission joke about going home a lot. We always are jokingly jealous of those that get to go home early or whatever. I've really been thinking about it, wondering if I really do want to go home. I mean it's a little frightening being thousands of miles away from the ones I love during this crazy time, in a country that I have no clue how or how well they will handle it. But I've come to the conclusion that I'm so very thankful to still be out here, and I don't mean to rub in anyone that is going home early. But I bet it's hard to hear people joke about wanting to go home early, and then it's happening to you. So I wanted to say that I can't imagine how tough it is, and I want to thank you all for your service and hopefully continued service. I am extremely grateful to be here in Denmark, even though it's hard and at times it seems like there's no progress, I'm grateful for the challenge. Everyone has a unique missionary experience depending on who they are and where they are serving, but I know that you get out what you put in. I've learned to put in more and that sacrifice is the key, not because it changes the circumstances always. I won't say that sacrifices has made an impact on the work here (at least not always) but I will say it has definitely impacted me. The more I put in, the more I learn, grow, and experience. To all of my friends that are coming home or can't go on a mission because of this virus, I want you to know that the Lord knows who you are, where you are, and what he's doing. You are in the Lord's hand and he knows what's best, as hard as it can be. You are a servant of the almighty Lord, and he knows exactly where you need to be for his work to progress. This is something I'm learning on my mission, that even though things are stressful and the world is going crazy, I am on the Lord's side. On the Lords side, I have no need for worrying.

2 Nephi 22
"1 And in that day thou shalt say: O Lord, I will praise thee; though thou wast angry with me thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.
3 Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
4 And in that day shall ye say: Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
5 Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things; this is known in all the earth.
6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion; for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee."

Cry out and shout, for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and song. The Lord loves us and knows each of us in our own unique circumstances. If you really try to reach out to him, and be on his side, you will have this same feeling of joy. This chapter means a lot to me, this was a song that we sang in choir, and when I think of those chords ringing, and the joy that filled my soul when I sang the words "Cry Out and Shout" I remember that the Lord is a Lord of joy.

I love you all, and I hope you all have a wonderful peaceful week.

Med kærlig hilsen,
Ældste Salisbury 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practically Prodigal

A Sick Baptism!

Todd